Do you have time to spare in order to give to those less well off? If so, why not volunteer with "Building of Hope". Our next project proposed for late September/early October 2017 will once again be visitng Likoni in Mombasa, Kenya where we will be completing work on the Medical Centre. The project has included a sustainable community offering Education, Care & Health Facilities, consisting of a Large General Clinic which will inlcude the following: a HIV/Aids Pre-natal Care Unit, an Eye Clinic, a Surgery, a Counselling Facility/Family Planning Education, a Treatment Ward and a Pre-natal Nutrition Information Centre.
As a volunteer with "Building of Hope" you will be required to work hard, in soaring heat but the rewards are plenty. If you are interested in joining us for our third year in Likoni, Mombasa, Kenya, please contact us! You can also download our Information Brochure by clicking here. Listed below are points you will need to consider as a volunteer.
• A Visa is required to enter Kenya.
• Visas are issued by Kenyan Embassy in Dublin & the process takes 1 – 2 working days.
NOTE: All volunteers residing outside Ireland are asked to contact Kenyan Embassy in their Country of Residence.
• Visa procedure in detail and the visa application form will be posted to you in July.
• You MUST obtain your entry visas in advance of travel.
• The Charity will not take responsibility if a volunteer is denied the visa and / or the entry to Kenya.
Visit the Kenyan Embassy Ireland Website for further info.
• Fitness to Travel Certificate (FTTC) will be posted out to you in July.
• FTTC must be filled in and signed by your GP AND by you.
It can then be posted / faxed / emailed to NMTT.
NOTE: You will not be permitted to travel unless your FTTC filled in, returned & approved by the deadline.
• Please consult with your GP regarding vaccinations or boosters you will require as she/he will know your medical history.
• Doctors suggest the following vaccinations for your time in Likoni, Mombasa, Kenya:
Tetanus, Yellow Fever, Poliomyelitis, Typhoid, Hepatitis A & Diphtheria.
NOTE: If you plan to travel outside of Mombasa, you must also consider risks of: Meningococcal Meningitis, Hepatitis B, Rabies, Cholera & Malaria.
• Accommodation is located 35 minutes from the site. Bus transfer is inlcuded to & from the site daily.
• Hotel accommodation is very comfortable & safe, including 24 hour security in a gated resort. Rooms include air conditioning, satelite tv & security safes for money & valuables.
NOTE: Special room rates with apply for BOH volunteers.